XCOM: Enemy Unknown is a different kind of game from Civilization, but we’ve learned a lot of valuable lessons from making Civ games over the years. A lot of these lessons are simple things about how we make games here at Firaxis – we make a prototype early and we iterate on the design often. The designer listens to feedback from the players throughout the process. How do you get that “just one more turn…” feeling in the game? And when things get tough, it’s great to have Sid Meier as a resource to help.
Is there local multiplayer or is it limited to online?
XCOM multiplayer includes LAN play but not hotseat mode – there’d be too much cheating if you could see what your opponent was doing before he came out of the fog of war.
- Worldwide Threat: Combat spans the globe as the XCOM team engages in over 70 unique missions, interacting and negotiating with governments around the world.
- Strategic Base of Operations: Recruit, customize and evolve unique soldiers to take into battle, and then intercept and research alien technology to expand your weapons and capabilities.
- Tactical Combat: Plan combat missions, direct the actions of your soldiers in incredible turn-based ground battles, and deploy air like the Interceptor and Skyranger units to stop the alien threat.
- 2 GHz Dual-Core processor
- 2GB RAM
- 20GB Hard Drive
- 256MB Video
- Geforce 8600GT/ATI Radeon HD2600 XT
- 2.4 GHz Dual-Core processor
- 4GB RAM
- 20 GB Hard Drive
- 512 MB Video
- Geforce 9000/ ATI Radeon 3000 or better
|Genre||Sci-Fi Turn Based Strategy|